David (Dragon) Fiedler
I've been a computer industry consultant and
a bicycle racer,
mad scientist, a newsletter and magazine publisher and editor,
a freelance photographer,
a software engineer,
a video producer,
an instrument-rated pilot (retired for
and a daddy. Right now I'm a book publisher, audio consultant, freelance technical and copy editor, and photojournalism teacher for GATE students.
I still do many of the above, often simultaneously (but not all simultaneously).
I'm sometimes serious but always intense. I also taught and
developed the first microcomputer class at the
New School for Social Research,
started the Unix newsletter Unique,
was the founding editor of Unix Review magazine,
co-authored a best-selling book on Unix System Administration,
and was the first person to fly a quad-lined soft stunt kite
lowest spot on Earth.
I've been a director and member of AirLifeLine,
which flies medical mercy missions for people with special medical and economic needs.
I'm also a proud alumnus of the
Bronx High School of Science
as are many of my old friends.
- The big news is Birds, Mice, and Apple Pie, the new book by my wife Susan, which is a terrific heartwarming non-fiction story about the life of cats...from the cats' point of view! Published by Spotted Cat Designs.
- Visit CatBoyOnline.com,
the official website of 11-year-old author Steven Fiedler's novel, Cat
Boy (published in early 2006). Yeah,
that's my boy!
Oh, he also writes a KittenBlog.
- Please check out our cat site, Spotted Cat Designs.
- Did I say cats? Please visit my dear friend's site in Tokyo and see how Japanese cats live.
- Did I say cats? We just started an online store called Animal Sounds where you can buy nifty stickers of not only (what else) animal sounds (like Meow and Purr and Woof) but also cat names in different languages (Neko!) and even TLAs such as LOL, RTFM, LMAO, and suchlike.
- It's Pussy Galore!
- Yes, I really do have a blog.
- I levitate matter and possibly break the laws of physics!
- Please check out my Web site HomeRecording.com,
for amateur and soon-to-be professional audio recording and mixing engineers,
or just anyone who likes to make music and wants other people to hear it.
- All you ever wanted to know about the secrets of Scientology.
- My Boating Pages.
- Prevent an ecological disaster. Ban DHMO Now!
- Seriously though,
MTBE is very bad stuff to put in gasoline.
- The very last page on the Web.
- The 404 Home Page.
- Did you like the movie "The Rock"? You'll love the drinking game!
- Exposť! Advanced space-age weapons available by mail!
Fun and Music
Some of the Women in My Life
- First better be Susan.
- She's big, she's black, and she's all mine...when her boyfriend's not around, anyway.
- This lady has always entranced me.
This page and all directly-linked sound and image files
Back! Back, I say! (go back to David's home page)
Copyright © 1993-2009
David Fiedler, Rescue, CA. All Rights Reserved.
Got a complaint? First read the disclaimer.
Copyright © 1993-2009 David Fiedler. All Rights Reserved.